Dr. Travis is available each year to work alongside a limited number of schools as an adjunct of their school’s Leadership Team. These schools represent the TrustED Cohort.
ROI (Return on Investment): Personal assistance in the development of a long term culture of trust, marked by stronger relationships within the leadership, the faculty, and staff, as well as with all stakeholders of the school community; and to realize visible and measurable fulfillment of the school’s unique mission.
Overview: The services provided are based on the “Triple A” model of Assess, Architect & Act, in order to address the unique challenges of the school and to provide meaningful and practical steps toward solving complex trust-related and school improvement issues.
- Assess: This involves, but is not limited to, an initial assessment of leaders, of leadership teams, and of the broader school organization in order to identify specific areas for improvement and to craft measurable benchmarks and goals.
- Architect: Customize training and professional development sessions are designed and provided (or recommended if outside of the expertise or skill-set of myself) to support the opportunities for improvement identified through the various assessments.
- Act: School operational protocols, practices, and policies are refined and initiated, along with clear tools for ongoing monitoring and assessment to ensure that the identified improvement goals are met.
Schools within the cohort receive the following annual benefits and services:
Benefit #1 – Background Research, Orientation, and Document Feedback: A review of all available pertinent information relative to the past, current, and desirable future for the school along with feedback for improvement.
Benefit #2: TrustED School Leadership 360 Assessment: The TSL360 establishes initial base-line data to indicate the strengths as well as areas for development in relationship to the school’s Leadership Team.
Benefit #3—Parent/Employee Attitude & Opinion Survey: It is recommended that the school administer this survey tool in order to establish baseline data of school health, based on the feedback from parents and employees, and then continue to administer the survey on an annual basis toward the conclusion of each successive school year.
Benefit #4—Consultative / Training Site Visit: The following is a suggested agenda for the first two-day site visit:
- Review TSL360 assessment results and begin the development of professional development action plans for the leadership, as well as identifying priorities for school improvement initiatives.
- Focus group interviews with “moral owners” of the school (i.e. those who are fully committed to the school’s mission, purposes, and values). If appropriate in this setting, one group would consist of current and/or former school parents; another would consist of employees, and a third group would consist of older students and/or recent graduates.
- Onsite professional development with teachers — identifying needs and strengths among the faculty as to competency levels around curriculum, instruction and assessment practices.
Benefit #5—School Improvement Action Planning: Within four weeks of the initial onsite visit, a report with a summary of findings is provided outlining context and recommended direction and action plan for the remainder of the cohort period.
Benefit #6—Ongoing Distance Consulting & Coaching: Consultation and support through the entire term of the cohort period via Email/Phone/Skype consulting sessions, as well as reviewing key school documents (e.g. policy manuals, organizational structures, job descriptions, etc.).
Benefit #7—Subsequent Onsite Training & Consultative Visit: Cohort membership includes two onsite visits during the academic year in order to facilitate direct and ongoing training of the leadership, as well as the faculty and staff.
Benefit #8—Annual Report & Recommendations: An Annual Report detailing progress on leadership development goals, as well as recommendations for continual school improvement is provided at the end of the cohort year.
To request more information and to learn if your school is eligible to participate in the TrustED Cohort, contact Dr. Travis HERE.